Tuesday, July 8, 2008

a little nervous...


tomorrow i am teaching my first official sewing class and i'm a basket case!!!! let's just say when my bishop called me to teach the 5 year olds in my church i puked for 3 days straight- and they aren't judgemental!!!! so you can imagine the butterflies i am having right now thinking of teaching complete strangers (and probably ladies that have many more sewing skills than myself). the manager of the 'cottage' asked if i could teach an apron class a few weeks ago. with out even thinking i said yes. i'm a major procrastinator, so of coarse i just finished my prototype yesterday. i hadn't thought a whole lot about it until late last night laying in bed. i was trying to go through all the instructions in my head, making sure i didn't miss a step. needless to say, i didn't sleep too well. why oh why did i agree to this???? so tonight i'm going to have to take a unisom to get any sleep. wish me luck and if any of you locals want to come email me for information. you can have a front row seat to me facing one of my biggest fears (teaching), and i could use a friendly face in the room!!!

9 comments:

Mindy said...

Haley, that apron is DARLING, and I SO wish I could come to your class! YOu'll do great! Just know I'm cheering for you from here!

Michelle said...

Oh you will do great! That apron is way cute! I wish I could come to your class! I love it! Good luck.. even tho you dont need it!

Marci said...

you'll do great! the apron is sooo cute, i love it.

Rachel Holloway said...

Can I come??? Please, please. That is SO cute...totally, totally cute!

Jealous that you are so talented...teaching classes? WOW! Impressive!

Annalisa said...

What time is the class and how much is it? I don't know if I could get a babysitter last minute but I'd sure love to come! Let me know asap.
Annalisa

Charisse said...

So very, very cute! You will do so good at teaching. How can they judge your teaching abilities when look how darling that apron is.

girlsmama said...

I wish I'd read this a day ago! The apron is darling, how did the class go?

Marianne said...

That apron is darling. My mom would love one and she's gotta birthday commin up. Thanks again for the 4th. It felt like old times again.

Marianne said...

Not that I want you to give her one. I looked At that after I wrote it and cracked up. I meant maybe I should place an order. :)