Today I am thankful for... better days! After reading my rant from yesterday I realize today has been a breeze! The kids had a Dentist Apt this morning at 9. Which meant that all of us had to be presentable! And you would be impressed. Not only were we all ready, on-time, and I didn't have a breakdown (at least not a big one), but I had my sink sparkling (thanks Fly Lady), a load of laundry done, my kitchen and bathroom swept and mopped, and living room vacuumed. No, I'm not super woman, I just had to pee at 5:30 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep.
After my day from Hell yesterday I couldn't even get up enough energy to go to either of the parties I had been so excited to attend! I just read my book (Eclipse) and went to bed at 9:30. This morning after the dentist we stopped in to see my mom at work and I saw Anna (my friend that had the shoe party) wearing the cutest shoes. I was so bummed that I didn't go (it was partly my mom's fault!!!! But I still love you mom!). I remembered that it was the Holy Cow this week and guess who has a booth... The same Shoe people who do the parties!!!! So I took my kids over to the boutique... They had a ton of cute stuff, and I did buy me some pretty cute shoes (at least I think they are).I also had to buy a pair of sandals for Kamryn. You should have seen her trying them on! Mel, she is so related to you!!! I look over and she has both sandals on with her fuchsia socks! As you can see in the picture of them... they have a toe stem. So the socks weren't really working very well with them. When I asked her what she thought she was doing her reply was (Mel, you'll like this), "That's how Aunty Mel wears hers!" Poor girl, she really has no good fashion roll models.
Well, I'm trying to post a picture of my new shoes to show all of you who know how much better a new pair of shoes can make you feel, but blogger is having issues!!!! I'll try later, but for now I have to go make cookies... I'm thinking sugar cookies if I decide I have the patience for them today. In closing... (sounds like I'm giving a talk in church) today has been a much better day than yesterday, Hallelujah!
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Thankful Thursdays
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
So I like to wear flip flops all year round, but in the winter it is too cold to go without socks & you are giving me a fashion violation? Kamryn is just lucky she takes after such an awesome auntie. Good job Kamryn. At least someone knows how wonderful I am :)!!!
Sounds Fun! The shoes are cute!
Well, I am off to enrichment - I will post pics of the decor - thanks for the inspiration.
Glad you had a good day!
Cute shoes, I've never heard of shoe parties. I wear the same shoes for years, until they fall apart, I am so fashion challenged. Anyway what's your email and we'll set up a play date.
Cute shoes, I've never heard of shoe parties. I wear the same shoes for years, until they fall apart, I am so fashion challenged. Anyway what's your email and we'll set up a play date.
Well the shoes are very cute. I however could use a little of your extra energy to get ready for this baby. If it hasn't come on its own by monday we're goin in after it. I need to do some serious nesting. You don't happen to have a dyson vaccuum do you? I really really want one. That was random I'm just curious.
Post a Comment