So I've deemed today Whiny Wednesday (did I spell that right?). It started out like any other day. Alarm goes off. Jeff gets out of bed and ready. Kisses me good bye and asks if I need to get up. I say yes. Act awake. And the minute I hear his truck pull away I pull the covers over my head and fall back to sleep. Wake up 30 minutes later to feet kicking me in the head (Hunter's made his way into my bed and taken over). Get out of bed so he'll stay asleep and I start my day. If I hadn't gotten out of bed today life would have been so much sweeter! Does anyone else have a child that only has two speeds : slow and SLOWER? I got Kamryn out of bed and told her to jump in the tub (the water was already running). I also told her that today I was not in the mood to beg her to get ready. "You are on your own! If you aren't ready when its time to go you will not go to preschool. UNDERSTAND?" After swearing up and down that she did understand she sat in her bed staring into space for a good 10 minutes. Then after finally climbing down her bunk bed she gathered her towel and undies and head to the bathroom. She sat in the bathtub for over a half hour before she realized that all her soap was gone. When I went in to get her some she had unravelled my loofah!!!!! And when I asked what she was doing she got that "Did I do something wrong?" look. AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH! I admit, I lost it. I promised myself that I wouldn't fight with her this morning and I didn't. I just yelled.... and yelled and then screamed and slammed a few doors (I had to take it out on something!) This little episode, I'm sure you can picture it, woke Hunter up. He came out of my bedroom all happy and smiley and I was so jealous! He is such a morning person (obviously he didn't get that from me). Needless to say that seemed to lite a fire under Kamryn's little bum and she started moving. Very, very quickly (compared to HER normal speed-slow, but about regular speed for most kids). We made it out the door about 2-3 minutes late- not to bad. I am so not good and carrying out my threats. Stay home from preschool? Ya right! I love preschool- its my time to do all those things that are hard to do with 2 kids in toe... I got the kids all buckled in and everything I needed loaded up to run all my errands and then punishment for my little temper tantrum came. ... click, click, click... A dead battery! Good thing Jeff's on call this week and he had the work truck. After a few choice words (which I'll spare you from) I loaded the kids into Jeff's truck and headed out. Dropped Kamryn off at preschool and headed to the gas station so we didn't run out of gas on the way home (oh, that so would have sucked). $100 dollars later (Jeff's truck tank is a bottomless hole) and I was headed home. Jeff and his friend Ryan had left work to come jump my van for me (I hate driving his monster) and it was running in the drive way when I pulled up. I switched Hunter to the van (he wasn't happy playing musical chairs all morning) and headed straight to the mechanic. We waited in a dirty, nasty playroom at the shop so they could tell me that my battery was bad, my oil was needing a change, and I needed a new filter. 1.5 hours and $200 dollars later we left. Oh, I am so having a whiny day. I know, things could go so much worse!!!! But I am praying that they don't!
My one perk of the day was finally purchasing carpet for my sewing room. And my sweet, wonderful husband didn't complain one bit when I picked the priciest of the three carpets we had looked at. All that he asked is that I be done spending money for one day. And now I have an awesome sewing room to look forward to (Saturday it will be 'done'). Well, that and I am going to a shoe and jewelery party tonight (things that always make me happy!)
Hope everyone else has had a much better day than me! And I promise, this counts as my 1 venting session for the month!




3 comments:
Hehehe... I totally understand... I HATE MORNINGS!! Espacially when you have to be somewhere early. (this is why I love afternoon preschool.) I keep thinking I will 'grow up' into a morning person, but it actually getting worse. Bummer about the battery. Nothing better to add to your hurry like car trouble! I hope you at least bought some earrings or shoes to make you feel a little better! *HUGS*
VENT AWAY, we've ALL been there and it's so nice to hear that I'm not the only one who yells at my kids and uses "choice words" when I'm ticked...I have friends who stay calm at everything and I feel like the worst mom next to them, so just know you're in good company. Hope you have a better day today.
I totally have those days. Sometimes I think We would be better off, if we all just stayed in bed, and did nothing. The next day is always better. Enjoy the good days.
Post a Comment