Today I'm going to flash back to my summer after high school. I thought I'd be real brave and travel across country to be a nanny. I had some great times, although I would not recomend this to anyone. At least not the way I did it. I went through an agency, but I never interviewed in person. BAD IDEA!!! The kids were great. They were kids, but the parents... abusive (mental and physical- to the kids, not me) and the guy was a perv. I ended up leaving them after 6 short weeks. But I did find an awesome family that I worked for afterwards. They had a 4 month old little boy Alex who they adored and they loved being parents. I was there to help them, not replace them. I had a ton of fun out there. I made great new friends along with hanging out with old ones.
This is a picture of me on my out to the Statue of Liberty. After a crazy all nighter of cosmic bowling and hanging out with a bunch of guys we'd never met (that thought that 'Mormons' were a fairytale) we were the first in line at the fairy.

This picture is of the first guy who purposed to me. He did it just cause he heard we were Mormon and wanted to see my parents face when they found out I was engaged to a black man... I'm pretty sure he didn't quite understand what we believe... When I told him I had a cousin that was half black he wanted to know if I would really 'claimed' her... I did then, but now that she's a PG Cheerleader... I changed my mind (just kidding Mady!)
And This is a picture of one of my friends I met out there. Anna and I ran to the top of the statue in less than 5 minutes. The crew on the next fairy had to wait in line for over 3 hours to even step into the statue. I suggest if you ever do this, be the early bird! I hear it starts to get all stinky and hot in there after the first 30 minutes of the day.

And this pic is of my first crazy trip into New York City. Jen Webb is on the left, Angie Arnell is in the middle and I'm on the right. They thought they'd break me in to the big apple during the 4th of July Celebration. Crazy and Scary! I've never seen so many people in my whole life!!!! For some reason this picture makes me think of 9-11. Everytime I see this pic I wonder if these two heroes were a few of the many that risked their lives to help those in the Twin Towers. Whether they were or they weren't I have a whole new (and refined) respect for a man in uniform. And just little random thought on the police... We saw so many of them in New York, and I don't think one of them was over weight (at least not any of the ones I saw).
I miss the East and all the friends I met there. I especially miss the Gutierrez (my second family) and really wish they would start their own Blog so I could keep up with their lives (hint, hint, hint!!!)
This is a picture of me on my out to the Statue of Liberty. After a crazy all nighter of cosmic bowling and hanging out with a bunch of guys we'd never met (that thought that 'Mormons' were a fairytale) we were the first in line at the fairy.

This picture is of the first guy who purposed to me. He did it just cause he heard we were Mormon and wanted to see my parents face when they found out I was engaged to a black man... I'm pretty sure he didn't quite understand what we believe... When I told him I had a cousin that was half black he wanted to know if I would really 'claimed' her... I did then, but now that she's a PG Cheerleader... I changed my mind (just kidding Mady!)
And This is a picture of one of my friends I met out there. Anna and I ran to the top of the statue in less than 5 minutes. The crew on the next fairy had to wait in line for over 3 hours to even step into the statue. I suggest if you ever do this, be the early bird! I hear it starts to get all stinky and hot in there after the first 30 minutes of the day.
And this pic is of my first crazy trip into New York City. Jen Webb is on the left, Angie Arnell is in the middle and I'm on the right. They thought they'd break me in to the big apple during the 4th of July Celebration. Crazy and Scary! I've never seen so many people in my whole life!!!! For some reason this picture makes me think of 9-11. Everytime I see this pic I wonder if these two heroes were a few of the many that risked their lives to help those in the Twin Towers. Whether they were or they weren't I have a whole new (and refined) respect for a man in uniform. And just little random thought on the police... We saw so many of them in New York, and I don't think one of them was over weight (at least not any of the ones I saw).
I miss the East and all the friends I met there. I especially miss the Gutierrez (my second family) and really wish they would start their own Blog so I could keep up with their lives (hint, hint, hint!!!)




2 comments:
So cute short hair! Fun flashback!
Memories, if I could go back to those times I would in a heart beat!!!
Post a Comment