Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Pitter Patter

Do you ever forget you have kids? I woke up this morning to the sound of pitter patter feet and little toy airplane. For a minute I could not figure out what the noise was. But soon the toy plane landed on my head and I realized what it was and who it was coming from. It was much better than waking up to an alarm clock- that's for sure!


We all have those moments when we look at our kids and try to figure out when they got so big. In Kamryn's case I mean this literally. We bought her new school clothes when she started preschool. She was in between sizes in pants so I bought her the size bigger and they were a bit too long. She put on a pair of them yesterday to go to school and I about died... they are a good inch to short and then she put on the shirt we bought with them... too tight, sleeves too short and her belly was hanging out. Good thing for Aunty Lori and Kenzie, cause if it wasn't for them I'm not sure how we would afford a new wardrobe 2-3 times a year! And then there is Hunter... he hasn't gained an ounce since his 18mon check up. He's getting taller and skinnier... and he can eat like a horse. But this week he's learned to help mommy out a little bit. I was emptying dishes from the dishwasher and I looked down to find all my silverware missing. I looked over and Hunter was smiling from ear to ear, the smile that you're sure he's done something wrong. Surprisingly enough he hadn't! He just put them where they were suppose to go and was very very proud of himself.



Here is a picture of the kids before church on Sunday. This is yet another dress that Kamryn has about out grown, but she insisted on wearing anything besides her Christmas Dresses (She's lived in those for the past 3 months). We figured this one might work for a few more weeks, but it's time for mommy to go through more of her scraps and find some that will make a cute dress. My kids are such posers...



Super Bowl Sunday Grandma Jacki was very brave. She handed the girls a paint brush, red/pink paint, a frame and said have at it! Then they glued candy hearts to the frame. Glad it was at her house and not mine!!!




Siona, Kamryn, Kendyl, and Grandma Jacki

2 comments:

Bonny said...

I can't believe how fast kids grow either - way too fast! Aren't Grandma's the best! The girls look like they were having a blast! Is Siona Mel's little girl? She is adorable! How is Mel? It's been so long since I've seen you guys. Say hello to her from me!

Heidi P said...

Time goes by way to fast. My baby is already big! : (
I love your website! You are so talented! I want a summer dress for Maya, they are darling!