Tuesday, February 10, 2009

what to do?

on saturday each of kids received and invite from gramma jacki that looked like this...

they are both so excited they can hardly stand it. now the question is... what are jeff and i going to do? i love the movies... but only when i'm not fighting for a seat. i'm dreading going out to dinner because i HATE the crowds. so, if you were child free for 4 hours on valentines evening what would you do (besides the obvious... duh!!!)

9 comments:

Marci said...

dave and i love to get some crab or steaks and eat a nice quiet dinner at home...then just watch a movie or veg. it's amazing how nice that is when your kids aren't there.:D i wish your mom and dad were my mom and dad! that's so nice of them.

Katherine said...

I like Marci's idea - or just go somewhere low-key that maybe wouldn't be as crowded. Like Bajio or cafe rio. I don't know - I am sure they will still be a little busy, but not as bad as a steakhouse or something. And i like the rent a movie idea. Heck, I would love to go grocery shopping with Glen without kids...:) I too am very jealous - I will be having a very non-romantice Valentines day with Ally recovering! Have Fun!

Felicia said...

I think I'm going to pass this idea on to my parents...

I would get some take-out, eat at home, do the obvious, and take a nap!

Mindy said...

I LOVE this idea from the grandparents! So nice and cute!

I'd enjoy the quiet at home... and not worry about being quiet myself. ;)

V and Co. said...

i would do the obvious as many times and in as many different places...THEN go out to eat. that way you look skinny-er while doing the obvious! ;)you lucky witch

Annalisa said...

I would order some yummy takeout, or make a special dinner at home. Then maybe just hang out and watch a movie or do a little shopping. I'm so jealous, so far we don't have a sitter for V-Day 'cause both our parents are out of town!

girlsmama said...

I totally vote for the obvious. No one will knock relentlessly, start crying, injure a sister, or interrupt in any way. I can't even imagine. IF we had extra time I might throw in eating a home cooked meal together and playing one of our favorite grown up board games.

Anonymous said...

Chet asked me if I had talked to you or mel to see what you guys were doing. I said why, do you just want it to be the two of us. He says, "Oh...like a romantic evening". I said, yeah, @ Ruby River, and then we can so get the kids. Unless you wanted to go to that look out point that you would never take me to. He's a chicken.

Mel said...

Hope your night was nice. Probably didn't hear, "can you see our fingers....."

LOL

Happy Valentines Day. (Sorry I was so ornery when I talked to you earlier - damn Samoan branch:)