Thursday, February 5, 2009

a little note on intimidation...

i had to share this with someone and i know none of my neighborhood reads my blog, so i'm safe to type it up here...

just a little background on me. i am so far from perfect its sad. i am very intimidated by spiritual people (i always think they are judging me). if you have raised "perfect" children i'm even more intimidated.

and now here is the story... me and a few ladies from my neighborhood do a co-op preschool. all the other ladies are very spiritual and 2 of them have older children that i pray my kids act half as good as they do. in other words these ladies scare the tar out of me!!!! since starting the preschool back in september i have grown to love all 3 of the ladies, and only one still frightens me. it made my whole day when the following conversation took place over snacks last month...

g: who tooted (cause these aren't the kind of kids to say fart)
r: i did!!!
(lots of laughter from all 4 boys)
g: last night my mom tooted and it stunk so bad my dad almost threw up!!!

needless to say i had to leave the room so i didn't bust a gut in front of the kids. and no, i didn't tell his mom what he said. she's the kind of lady that would pack up and move over something like this... (i say this in a very loving way).

and then today when we were playing a game "g" lost and out of his little lips came the word "damn it!"... i pretended not to hear, but i had to get up and walk out of the room again.

am i terrible? i seriously love this lady more now than ever! her kids are not "perfect" (although very close) and her farts stink just like everyone else's!!!! and no, i didn't have the heart to tell her about her sons potty mouth.

5 comments:

Westover's said...

I love it! I know women like that. (that intimidate me) I think you are one of them! You are amazing all the thing you do. I think you accomplish more in one day than I do in a week! I love your blog!
Diane

girlsmama said...

See Haley, that's why you don't have to be intimidated. As my hubby so often reminds me, everyone toots, and everyone's toots stink. :) And more than likely you intimidate them!

Mindy said...

I've learned more and more that things aren't always exactly as they seem. :) I'm glad you found out that she's normal. YOU are an amazing person, Haley!

Felicia said...

If they were really judging you...would they really be that spiritual??

So glad you can relax now :o)

Anonymous said...

That's awesome!