Monday, August 25, 2008

crying...

right now i am fighting back the tears that i promised myself i would not shed!!!! my baby girl is attending her first day of kindergarten as i type. she was so excited all morning. what usually takes her 1hr (getting ready) to do took only 20 minutes. we loaded up in the stroller and hunter and i walked her to those big double doors. and as we pulled up to them she realized she'd forgotten her home work! on the first day of school!!!! the teacher had asked them to make a poster when we went to her K assessment (last week), and we'd left it on the kitchen table! so i quickly kissed her good bye and hunter and i ran (which i don't do!) home, picked up her poster and dashed back as quickly as my feet could carry us. class had not started, thankfully, and you could see all the fears on her face melt away as i walked through her classroom door with her poster in hand. i'm no longer fighting the tears!!!! they are rolling down my face. my little girl is in kindergarten. when did she grow up? when did she get so big and smart? it seems like yesterday we brought her home from the hospital, i blinked, and now i am crying over her first day of kindergarten. i said i wouldn't, but i was in denial! reality has just hit me like a ton of bricks... and i don't like it one bit!!!!! i miss you already kamryn!!!! luckily today is early out day... only 2 more hours until i pick up my baby...

kamryn on her first day of school

kamryn's shoes... oh, how i love new school shoes!

6 comments:

Mindy said...

Wait until you're dropping your baby girl off at JR. HIGH! They grow up SO fast!

Megan Adamson said...

I am going to cry on Livvie's first day. I am just glad I have another year of preschool. Time goes by so fast. They do not stay little for very long.I just have to remember to enjoy right now and not let it pass me by. Good luck.

Marianne said...

I'm dreading the day!

Natilie said...

I am with you. I dropped all three off last week. I thought I would be excited, but I am more than a little lost!

Anonymous said...

That was by far one of the hardest things I've had to do so far! I promise that it gets a lot easier. With Chase I might even celebrate!!

Rachel Holloway said...

OH MAN! I am feelin' for ya! That will be me next year...but until then I am holding on and saying I won't cry either.

But I know I will...bawl, in fact.

Hope it gets easier!