after our play date yesterday hunter cried and cried because "i miss mardi (marci)" and "i want tendyl (kendyl)" not to mention "i'm NOT tired!!!!!". 30 seconds laying on his pillow ceased all noise- well, not all- he was snoring pretty loud. even kamryn fell asleep (which NEVER happens). i was trying to get a few things on my list crossed off while the beasts were sleeping and the phone rang. it was my dad- no big deal- he calls all the time, but i knew something had to be wrong because he didn't ask to talk to hunter or to kamryn.
that's when i found out my beautiful little niece kendyl had been run over by her neighbor's pick up truck. my parents were headed out to their house as he spoke to me and he would call when they had more news. i waited.... i called jeff... i waited... i called marci... i waited.... and he finally called back to give me the update. life flight was on their way to take kendyl to primary children's medical center. the truck had backed over one of her legs and her pelvis. they didn't know what damage had been done. it didn't look life threatening, but it didn't look good either. they'd call when they got up to pcmc.
more waiting... i called grandma and papi... more waiting... cheyne called... more waiting... i called marci back... more waiting... I HATE THE WAITING GAME!!!! jeff and i finally decided to get out of the house to make the waiting a little more bearable. we headed to wendy's for dinner and then to the park. just as we were pulling up to the park my dad called back.
here is the news he gave us (and a little more we learned from tiffany later last night)...
she may have a hair line fracture on her pubic bone (she does)
she has tires marks across her bum
she has a hematoma on her butt cheek
her leg is black and blue
she is going to be very sore for a while
she was relieved that there was no dr. mike at pcmc (she has a major fear of the family doc)
she was quite upset that they had to cut kamryn's old swim suit off her
she was 'sorry i got runned over by a truck'
and her neighbor "just pinched me- he didn't smush me all the way" -kendyl's words
so after crying more than i think i've done since i was a child- all is well. she stayed the night up to pcmc. it looks like she'll be home later today. she is a trooper and we are saying our prayers and thanking our father in heaven for protecting our beautiful kendyl from what could have been so much worse!
things i've learned in the last 24 hours...
*kamryn loves her cousin, she carried around her picture from the time she found out kendyl was hurt until she went to bed last night!
*never take their little smiles for granted
*hug your little ones every chance you get!
*waiting sucks!
*my 5yr old has more faith than i do!
*my 2yr old's prayer thanking heavenly father that his best friend kendyl is okay is about the most precious thing you could witness!!!!
WE LOVE YOU KENDYL AND WE ARE SO GLAD YOU ARE OKAY!!!!





14 comments:
Oh my goodness! How scary!!! Thank goodness it wasn't so much worse!
Wow Haley! That is so scary! I'm so glad that cute little Kendyl will be ok.
Oooh! We are so glad everything turned out okay.
How horrible!! glad all turned out okay.
Wow, makes me cry just to think how terrifying it was I'm glad everything has turned out okay!
Thank goodness she will be ok!
Thanks for letting us know she is ok - she is in our prayers.
P.S. Haley - cute family!
oh we are so happy that little kendyl is ok...she is such a sweet little thing and wow...that was the longest hour of my life so far. thanks for the updates and info.
Wow! She is an amazing little girl. I am so glad that she is doing well!
I am so glad she is okay. My mom told me last night and I was sick about it.
She is such a cute girl.
I love what you wrote about learning in a 24 hour period. Whenever I feel that patience is slipping away being mom, I go to this site, http://avarosemeyer.memory-of.com/, and all patience is restored along with an over abundance of love. It reminds me to not take advantage of the little things because you never know.
On a lighter note, good to catch up with the haps of your fam. They all seem to be doing great!
Summer
oh my gosh!!!! i hope she's alright today!!! poor baby! i bet that nieghbor feels horrible!!!
Well it has been a long while since i have read your blog. I was so sad to hear about little Kendyl, but soo happy to hear that she is o.k. Poor little sweetie.
We made it and i have decided that I hate moving!! Let's get together soon.
This is one of mine and my neighbor's biggest fears! We all drive big cars and our kids are out all the time! One more terrible reminder to look again. I hope Kendyl is recovering quickly and getting spoiled. And I love her quote that she was only pinched and not "smushed all the way". Kids are so forgiving!
Oh my goodness! The waiting for news must've been horrible. I'm so glad Kendyl is OK.
When we bought our new van, I insisted on getting one of those back-up camera's and I LOVE it. No more worries in the driveway 'cause I can see right behind me.
Post a Comment