Tuesday, June 10, 2008

hunter is in training!

he is being such a big boy and has already made the potty a half dozen times on his own terms (the other times mommy is begging for him to sit there). he hated his big boys pants the first time we put them on, but 24 hours later he is thinking they are the shizzizle! now here is the question... how in the world do you work the 'little dude'? everytime he pees on the potty it squirts it right between the seat and the toilet getting his 'dry' unders all wet or even better- my rug! so even if he makes the toilet- we still have to use a new pair of unders. any suggestions?????

7 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

I have Kaden sit on the toilet to pee--at least until he can handle it better by himself (and reach the toilet!)

OH! And I love your play date pics. How fun to get together and play....love your daughter's swimsuit...looks strangely familiar! :) hehehe...

Katherine said...

Isaac just started peeing before baths and stuff and I just take his underwear off so he can stratle the toilet better and the pee goes straight down. I don't have too much experience so I don't really know.
Good Job Hunter! You are such a big boy!

Natilie said...

You just have to teach them to point it down. That is the key!

Anderson Family said...

I sat Kaden on the toilet backwards for the first little while until he figured out the basics! That way they can practice on their aim for when they are standing up. Also, you can put cereal (like fruit loops or something) in the toilet and tell him to "shoot them". I hope those suggestions work! I don't think boys ever get the whole aiming thing. Even when they are older!!!

Heidi P said...

Lean... Good luck! Yay to no diapers! :)

Unknown said...

Yea Hunter. So cute and he looks so proud. I love what Nat said about teaching them to point down.
Cole sometimes still has a problem with that.
Last week Cole and his little friend were going outside in the front yard. I am died. He told me he didn't want to come inside and get my house dirty. That is probably right, but right in the front yard. It made me laugh.
Gotta love little boys.

Walker paradise said...

oh man, TyDaniel was so hard to potty train, I hear boys are hard, but who knows, good luck !! :)