Monday, March 17, 2008

The Road to Hell...

Isn't there a saying, "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions"? Well, I've decided I'm well on my way. I ran to the store the other day to get a few things to make cup cakes for Kamryn's preschool class and I walk out whole shopping cart full of JUNK!!! My purchases consisted of cake mix, chocolate chips, Pepsi, frosting, a Take5, frozen french fries, and THIS ice cream.


I've been dying to get my hands on some Girl Scout Cookies (Samoas to be precise), but I haven't happened on any girl scouts yet this year. So I figured this would do (and I won't have to feel guilty for eating the whole box in one day by myself- yes, I've done it before).
Along with all this junk was THIS magazine. GOOD INTENTIONS!!!

I'm hoping it will kick my but and get me working on my New Years diet (more GOOD INTENTIONS). I'm a huge believer in Weight Watchers, so if any of you would like to share some YUMMY low points (and easy) recipes with me I would appreciate it. Of course, I can't start until my tub of ice cream is gone!!!! So hopefully by the end of the month I'll find my will power and start counting points. Until then, Bon A Petite!





We took a few pictures last night of Kamryn helping me make the cupcakes for her class. She likes to bake goodies and loves to help "Clean" the beaters! Her little brother likes to 'help' out as well. I hate the mess, so we don't do this as often as they would like. I'm such a party pooper!

This little guy couldn't get enough of either the batter or the fosting. I wasn't thinking straigth and I'd set the 2nd pan of the cupcake batter on the table while we were waiting for the 1st batch to be done. When I looked over he was re-dipping his beater in one of the cups. I don't if you can see these pictures real well, but it is EVERYWHERE!!! Oh, the joy of being a kid!!


7 comments:

Natilie said...

Looks so tasty! Oh the days of licking the beaters. Hunter's face is adorable in that picture.

Heather J said...

Yea, the diet thing for me isn't working so well either. For me, I just want to eat more healthy, so my kids will be more healthy. It is so dang hard. Especially when its nap time, then I eat everything in the house. I do much better when I am out and about. If you get any good, tasty receipies, let me know. I have tried to eat those 100 cal snacks, but it really does no good, when you eat the whole box in one sitting.

Katherine said...

I feel the same way as Heather. I eat a lot of candy and junk and I don't want my kids to grow up with the same addictions as me. Nap time and bed time (even worse) the diet coke and chocolate come out.
Ally and Isaac also love to help cook, do dishes and bake. I don't let them help as much as I should, because it takes forever and makes a mess. But when I do let them, I think "I should do this more often".

Anderson Family said...

Hey there!! It has been forever since we talked last. I found you on the Slater's blog. I can't believe how your kids have grown up!! They are so cute. I'm coming up the end of March sometime. I would love to go out to lunch and catch up. I'll call you.

Talk to you later,
Shelly

The Armantrout family said...

I am right there with you, I blame it on the cold weather! I do much better in the summer, then we can start walking again!

Heidi P said...

Hehe... I totally do this too!! (BTW I have this icecream too.) I sit on my couch, shoveling oreos into my mouth, watching Oprah, or, Dr 90210, or Biggest Loser and think 'man, how did they get so fat?' First of all, what a brat I am, and second--- duh!?

Walker paradise said...

It's so much easier to be un-healthy! I have started running and every time I am out there my whole body is aching, my lungs are burning, and I feel nauseas, and to top it all off I can run for an hour and not come close to burning as many calories as I can pack away. Sometimes I just think "why?"