Yesterday morning at breakfast we were all sitting at the table eating when Hunter stood up in his chair and took "the stance". He is in no way quiet about doing his duty. Most of the time he'll announce "I'm poopin'". Just like every other time we asked him if he wanted to sit on the potty and just like ever other time he freaked out. For some reason he has a fear of the potty (maybe because he fell in few weeks ago- he refuses to use the potty seat). So we started the bribes. We offered treats, toys, a visit to Grandma and Grandpa's... we got the same response to all... "NOOOOOO!" And then we offered to flossing his teeth!
And he finally agreed! He was trying so hard to accomplish his task! Check out these faces!




6 comments:
What a face! That made my day. This is totally sick but after much effort with Jake - all ending with nothing - I offered to start taking pictures (or let him) of the poop so Daddy could see it when he got home. Worked like a charm. Totally weird and gross, but desperate times call for desperate measures. You can imagine Reed's delight when he walked in the door and was treated to a photo showcase!
I could use some advise myself. Isaac is the same way. I know he knows the urge because he'll go in the potty but only when it works for him. I've about had it. so if you find somthimg that works let me know.
Haley,
I am sure all kids are so different, but with Cole we had him pick out a toy at the store and we told him if he went potty in the toilet for a week- we would buy the toy. It totally worked. He wanted this little truck so bad,so he totally did it.
He fell in a few times too and was totally scared, so I bought one of those little potty seats that go on the toilet.He loved the seat.
Good luck..Hope it helps.
I love the face, Hunter is so cute!! We are working on potty time here too!
Oh the nightmare of potty training, it brings back nothing but bad memories...GOOD LUCK!!! I'm glad my baby is only 1 because I'd go insane if I had to potty train again soon. p.s. our shed was $809, it's 8'x7.5' so it's not huge but it does the job.
Oh the nightmare of potty training, it brings back nothing but bad memories...GOOD LUCK!!! I'm glad my baby is only 1 because I'd go insane if I had to potty train again soon. p.s. our shed was $809, it's 8'x7.5' so it's not huge but it does the job.
Post a Comment