This Flashback is dedicated to my senior year. Wow, it'll be my 10yr reunion this summer. I don't know if I'll actually attend... we'll see. Well lets just say throughout my school years I was blessed with friends! Backstabbing, gossipy, throw you under the bus kind of friends. I was also blessed with a few, what I would call, genuine friends (very few). These are a few of my senior year friends....
The first one I have to mention is my big brother. Every time, without fail, I realized that I was so blessed with those "great" friends my big brother would take me under his wing. He'd let me tag along with him and all his buddies. He even let me flirt and date them... and was okay with it!!! Our mom would get so mad because we would wait for each other to get home on Friday and Saturday nights and talk until she yelled at us to go to bed. We shared just about everything back then... He watched out for me, protected me. With out him I'm fairly sure I wouldn't have survived my teen years! Thanks Chet!
The next one, of course, is my hubby. Jeff and I started dating the summer before my senior year. He said that scary L word right before school started and I laughed at him and told him that he didn't know what that meant... sorry honey! 
I am so, so, so very glad that he meant what he said... cause I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have stuck with me through all the crap I put him through if he hadn't loved me. Yes, I was awful to him. I dated other guys, broke up with him, begged him to take me back, kissed other guys, broke up with him, kissed him and told him I was sorry and did it all over again. I was a... well, as my mom would say... a witch with a capitol 'B' (she didn't call me that, but that's a saying I picked up from her). He was the friend that stands by you no matter what... and he hasn't changed in 10 years (thank goodness that I changed!!!). I LOVE you sweetie!
You know the saying "Innocent until proven guilty"- trust it! Well, I didn't really believe in this concept due to prior friendships (sorry, my bad)... but, my best friend my senior year was probably the truest (girl) friend I have ever had!!!! I have the very best memories of my senior year because of her. I can't 
think of one memory of my senior year with out her or Jeff in it. Marianne and I were crazy, immature, crazy, strange, did I mention crazy? There wasn't much that we didn't do. We didn't really have a "group" of friends. It seems that every weekend
we hung out with different people. Maybe it was because we drove everyone nuts, I don't know, but we didn't really care what anyone thought of us. Mare could sweet
talk her way out of anything!!! I remember being pulled over in Alpine. Mare was driving. We were both decked out in Camo- faces painted and everything. The 2 guys in the back seat were each holding a crate of eggs. I think it was after midnight. And Mare somehow convinced the officer that we were Innocent
little teenagers on our way home... and doing NOTHING wrong. No ticket, no warning, no NOTHING!!!! It was awesome. She also taught me that sunglasses with yellow lenses make the world a happier place- I loved our DI finds! We were major posers. It was really hard to find pictures where we don't look like TOTAL idiots... Yes, they do get a lot more embarrassing than these! I miss you Marianne! Jeff misses you too. We can't wait till you and your cute little family move back to Utah!
Friday, February 29, 2008
Flash Back Friday!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Ahhh! those have got to be the ugliest pictures ever taken. I love them!!!! We were serious nerds. Those are some of my best memories ever. Ramboing was the coolest,I have to state that most of the time it didn't involve eggs. Lots of makeup, snacks and a target to spy on were pretty common though. That was amazing that that cop let us go. That talent unfortunately didn't stick with me.
Well to answer your question we're expecting #3 around the 22nd. Crazzy! I can't believe how fast time flies. Kamryn will be in kindergarten? thats nuts. I was glad to hear that i'm not the only one who's a push over when it comes to the kids. I'm looking forward to those easter pictures.talk to ya soon.
Post a Comment