Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Morning

easter morning I woke up the funniest little sound. i heard 'crunch, crunch, crunch' and then 'pitter, pitter, patter'... 'crunch, crunch, crunch'... 'pitter, pitter, patter'...'crunch, crunch, crunch'... jeff and i poked our heads out our bedroom door to find hunter crouched down eating the trail of robin eggs they easter bunny must have left. he would crouch down, eat one, stand up and run to the next. and never even look past the egg he was eating to realize there was a whole trail of eggs to his easter basket. he got 3/4 the way down the hall before he even notices jeff and i were watching him. then he just smiled and continued on with his mission. we had to wake kamryn up so hunter didn't eat the entire trail before she was able to follow it to her basket. the bunny left them straw bowls just like grandma jacki's. we let them choose between a big breakfast of pancakes (kamryn's favorite), eggs, bacon, and hash browns, or they could have cereal in their new bowls. they chose the cereal. so while I was pre-washing their new bowls we let them have a little race with the sponge tablets the bunny left them. they were both a little confused as to what exactly they were doing, but they caught on fast and thought this was the coolest thing next to sliced bread.

kamryn waiting for her tablet to do... something....

hunter just realized his was growing and he was very proud.
"look mama!"
kamryn still waiting for hers to do anything! it took a little help but it finally turned into a monkey.


after church we took a little nap and then headed to grandma jacki's and papa don's for dinner and a little easter egg hunt. and when we got home hunter and kamryn wanted to play with there bubble makers the bunny left them. we figured playing on the kitchen tile was going to be the easiest to clean up.... also the most slippery. after a couple of wipe outs we called it quits until we could get outside in the warm weather... finally, it feels like spring!

this little bubble machine takes some serious concentration!

kamryn loved to shoot the bubbles at her brother.

and he didn't mind them being shot at him.

i love their little giggles when they play together!!!

4 comments:

Heather J said...

I love bubbles. Easter is so fun. Doesn't your flashback pictures of Kamryn make you baby hungry?????? Kamryn needs a little sister.

haley said...

Yup, they do make me baby hungry and Kamryn would agree with you... but you'll have to take that discussion up with Jeff. The more people I have on my "side" the better!!!! Besides, I personally think Jeff and I make the cutest, fattest little babies... And the world can never have too many cute babes!

Chelsea said...

Thanks for your comment about my Tatertots! Glad you like them. I'm not in any stores in Utah county yet, only Salt Lake. But I will be at the Beehive Bazaar this year, so you'll have to come by. It's May 9th & 10th. You can always just email me if you'd like some- all the info is on the blog.

Anonymous said...

Hayley, your kids are stinking cute! So are you! Thanks for all of your comments. I agree, it's one of the greatest parts about blogging! You look like such a fun mama! Your trail of eggs makes me excited for when Sadi gets older and I can play Easter Bunny. Tell the fam hello! I can't believe how cute and fat Kamryn was...you'd never tell by looking at her now!