i'm expecting some good stuff from you today. here's the back ground... a couple of weeks ago at a wedding i was asked if i was having twins (she was dead serious) when i said no there was a very loud "GASP" followed by a "my lands girl, you are HUGE!!!" not something you say to a hormonal prego woman. if i hadn't been at a wedding luncheon you could have seen a "HUGE" prego woman beating a crazy old lady (i can say crazy cause she's my grandma, yes... grandma!) anywho... yesterday while i was at church a lady i've NEVER exchanged words with in my 7 years living here asked when i was due. she's a nice lady, or at least i thought she was... when i told her "not until december" i heard the "GASP" again, followed by "oh my, are you having twins" (yes, she was dead serious as well). once again i was not really in a place where it would be very appropriate to have a WWF smack down, so ladies... here's where i need your help. rather than wanting to curl up in a ball and cry (cause apparently i'm too large to curl up into a ball anyway), i need a good come back. what do you say to women with no tact and apparently to no memory of the feeble state of mind you are in when you are pregnant. give me something good!!!
just FYI, i don't know if i'm "HUGE" or not, nor do i really care... but come on ladies... a little tact would be nice!!! i'm just very happy and excited to be prego cause i know how lucky i am... truly i do.
oh, and a little more FYI... that is NOT a picture of my belly!!! you see some scary things when you search yahoo images for pregnant bellies... really scary things! this is the only one i could find that wasn't borderline porno or just down right wrong!!!





5 comments:
Just ask them rather innocently when their baby is due. (This of course only works if they are not pregnant)
I think you should just do the WWF smack down. Do it! I would...
okay I wouldn't, and I am terrible with come backs. But... I have a friend who is GREAT with them. I'll talk to him and get back to you. Good luck!
I actually had a couple people tell me I looked liked I was having twins, and you're right, it makes you want to cry. I was always just honest with them, and would say something along the lines of "well thank you for making me feel like a huge whale whose belly is much bigger than it should be"...then they always felt a little bit bad, and stupid. By the way, I think you should let me do some pictures of your cute belly! I just did some for my friend Emily, and she was skeptical, but ended up loving them!
Okay Haley,
I feel your pain. I am prego with my 4th & I am only 21 weeks right now. Well this morning at the gym a lady I used to run with every Tuesday & Thursday & I haven't seen her in months, was so excited to see me & the first thing she says to me is.....you MUST be having a girl. I sat there thinking how on earth did she know I am having a girl. Then she responds with, "You carry it in your stomach & your butt, just like I did with my girls!" I am 21 weeks, my butt shouldn't be looking pregnant YET!?!?! I had no words to say to her so I just sat there dumbfounded! One thing I have learned....I will NEVER comment to ANYONE, I don't care how close I am to them about how they look when they are pregnant. Then there was this other girl at the gym who is tall & SKINNY, too skinny & I found out she is 6 months prego! I hate women like that! Just know I feel your pain & if I wasn't such a nice person, I'd go for the wwf thing! :) Luv Ya!
For what it's worth...I think you look beautiful!!!! I was noticing that at church...you've totally got the shiny hair, pretty glowing skin, totally cute pregnant belly, all that good stuff!! ALMOST makes me want to get pregnant again. Almost...
Cloe :)
Post a Comment