Monday, October 6, 2008

harvest is OVER!!!

ok- so i have been bottling up a storm this year. everything from jams, to pie filling, peaches, and today pears, and salsa. once that last batch came out of processing i was doing a little dance because i am DONE! bottling for the year. no more picking, peeling, cutting, dicing, juicing, food processing, pureeing until next year! so- yeah for me! i guess that means i ought to start cleaning my neglected house, but for now i'm off to take a long bath, read my book, and feel a sense of accomplishment because most of my year supply of food storage is taken care of. next month i'm going to dry pack my flour... do any of you feel like joining me???

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Ummmm.... yes! I'd love to join you to dry pack flour! I wish we could've canned together. How much fun would that have been? :)

Rachel Holloway said...

Do you mind shipping me some of your ambition? I could sure use it about right now...