after cussing the neighbors tree for the last 5 years i finally realized it has a purpose besides making a nasty mess (and yes, they do keep up on the mess- when they aren't on their mission). i broke down and asked my grandma for the recipe she has for crabapple syrup and jam, emailed a few of my friends i knew had made the jam and compiled all the recipes into one. so whalla. here is my crab apple syrup and apple syrup.
surprisingly, the crab apple is better (at least i think so). and i can't wait till the next batch drops off the tree so i can make more... who would have ever thought they'd here me say that????





3 comments:
MMMmm Sounds delicious! I have come to realize that everything taste better homemade! I love cooking and trying new things. I am glad that you were able to make so good out a the tree!
Sooo pretty! I'm making grape juice today from our concord grapes... wish me luck!
We actually just changed the date yesterday to November 7th. If you would like to participate then please let me know. We would love to have you! Amanda
Post a Comment