Thursday, September 11, 2008

cameraless

my dear sweet husband left hunting this week, and with him went the camera. so no pictures this week. things have been crazy here.
i'm canning away like a mad man! grape juice, apricot jam, plum jam, jalapeno apricot jam, peaches and today... MORE PEACHES!!!! my kids have been great to play with each other while our house falls to shams so i can stock up on food storage.
yesterday was one of those days that you can be laughing one minute and bawling the next. the neighbors cat snuck into my house and hid under my bed. first of all I HATE CATS!!! sorry to those cat lovers... but i do! and besides fish- i think animals should be OUTSIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!! so to say i went crazy would be an understatement.
oh- and my day just kept getting better. i could smell something fowl coming from my kitchen and i checked under my sink expecting to find something dead (like a mouse) but no, the 'pee trap' (that's what my plumber dad called it) is no longer attached to my sink. so who knows how long everything i've put down our sink has just dropped into the cupboard. who needs plumbing???? I DO!!!! and who is here to fix it? nobody! my husband, his dad, my dad, and both my brothers are out of state hunting. so after crying over a nasty mess and trying (i say trying because it didn't work) to fix it, i finally gave up, plugged the sink, and stuck a bucket under it just in case anything accidentally goes down. OH, FOR THE LOVE! and just as i'm finishing up that mess kamryn informs me that hunter left 'jeep tracks' on the toilet seat. great! which means he tried to wipe himself- and didn't get it all. so i went in to clean up that mess and also found a stray 'nugget' smashed into my rug and leading away were little poopy foot prints-YES, THERE WERE TEARS AGAIN! so i took care of that mess and searched my house for anymore foot prints and took care of them. jeff called 3 times yesterday to make sure i was still sane the the kids were still breathing. after all that i still was able to finish 2 dozen jars of peaches, head to rod works with my mil (thanks! i needed to get out), and ate dinner at JCW's (yummy, yummy, yummy!). now if only i could get the ambition to do some laundry today while the last of my peaches are processing... i think i'll take a nap instead!

4 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

DANG! Check out all the work you've been doing! I am jealous...really jealous.

I am not jealous, however, that you are without a camera. I would not be able to function...

Hope those messes disappear...those kinds of days really do make one cry!

Thinking of you!

Katherine said...

These are many of the reasons, I go to Smith's Marketplace, take my kids to the playplace, and BUY my food storage at their case lot sale. :) Though I would love the homeade kind...not my season to learn or do anything like that! Good Job on getting through the day. Sounds fun to hang out with Kathy. I miss hanging out with her. ---I too would FREAK if a CAT came in my house. Glad you got it out. Yuck.

Mindy said...

Oh, wow! You've had a day!! I hope things look up soon! Way to go on all of the preserving... you put me to shame, and I've been pretty proud of myself. ;)

Natilie said...

Good luck to you! I am also canning. Where did you get apricots this time of year?