Wednesday, July 23, 2008

grandma ruth

Ruth Parker Hunter, 84, died July 23, 2008 peacefully at home with her dear husband by her side. Born August 3, 1923 in American Fork, Utah the daughter of Ellis Maximillian and Alice Searle Parker. She married her High School Sweetheart, Alva Alan Hunter November 5, 1942 in the Salt Lake LDS Temple and they shared 65 years together and raised five sons and a daughter.She was an active member of the LDS Church serving in many callings some of the callings multiple times. She served as a temple worker in the Provo Temple with her husband. Her life was filled with service to her family, church, and friends. She had many talents, she was a superb homemaker, wonderful cook, excellent seamstress and enjoyed camping, gardening and canning. She was an avid genealogist.Ruth and Alan were avid BYU Cougar fans and loved to travel with the Cougar Club. In her final years, Ruth's life was spent caring for Alan's comfort and health.Ruth is survived by her loving husband, Alan, and their children: Brenda Stringer Hunter, Lehi; George (Merrilee) Hunter, Cedar Hills; Jerry (Nicki) Hunter, Lehi; Don (Jacki) Hunter, Highland; Valerie (Curtis) Jeppesen, St. Anthony, ID; and Larry (Annette) Hunter, Smithfield; 28 grandchildren; 28 great grandchildren; sisters, Ann Davis and Bonnie Smith; brother Grant (Gloria) Parker, Am. Fork. She is preceded in death by her parents, three brothers, Ellis, Lee and Cecil Parker; one son, Dale Hunter and two grandsons, Reagan Hunter and Brady Hunter. A special thanks to Dr. Michael Cosgrave, and staff of Applegate hospice, Lacey and Brackus Hunter for their care of our mother.Funeral services will be held Monday July 28, 2008 at 11:00 a.m. in the Hillcrest Stake Center, 135 North 350 West. Friends may call Sunday from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Anderson & Sons Mortuary, 49 Est 100 North, Am. Fork and Monday at the church from 9:45 to 10:45 a.m. prior to the services. Burial in the American Fork Cemetery.

14 comments:

V and Co. said...

i'm very glad that she is now resting and probably having a grand 'ol time up there in heaven!

Natilie said...

So sorry for your loss, she sounded like a fantastic lady.

Katherine said...

I am sorry for your loss and have been thinking about you this weekend. I hope all the services go well. I am glad that she is at peace now also.

Heidi P said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma. I bet she is feeling much better & happy where she is. Take care, Hay.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad she isn't in pain anymore and that she went peacefully. What a blessing that you and your kids got to say a final goodbye. Your tribute was beautiful. She sounded like a really great lady. You are your family continue to be in our prayers. Love ya hay!

smarts said...

Sorry we didn't make the viewing, (crazy day) glad all went well and she is in peace with her son, how amazing!!!

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

I am sorry about your loss. I have been thinking about you...

Jen said...

Hay,
I am sorry to hear about your grandma. Had I checked your blog earlier, I would have come to the funeral services! I hope you are doing well. I am still here in Utah for another week & a half at my parents house. It would be fun to see you!
Love,
Jen

Rachel Holloway said...

I am so sorry to just find out about this! I feel terrible I didn't get to read blogs earlier. I hope you are doing okay...am thinking of you....

haley said...

thank you everyone for your support. we are feeling all your love!

Marianne said...

Haley, I'm so sorry to hear about your cute grandma.

Ryan, Candace, Jack and Macie said...

I know how much she meant to you hay. I remember going over to visit your grandparents all the time when we were little. She was such an amazing woman and will be missed. It is so nice to know that she is happy and free of pain. You are in our prayers. Love ya--

Heather J said...

Death is so hard. Thats why the gospel is so awesome, we get to look forward to something. It's great that you got to spend so much time with her the last little while. Those memories will be priceless.

Justin and Lori said...

Haley-
You've been in our thoughts and prayers! We can't wait to see you this weekend!