Tuesday, April 15, 2008

wii, wii, wii all the way home

warning: this is one of those post the i just complain....
on that note, has anyone out there boxed on the wii???? jeff and i duked it out on sundays at my moms and can i just say one word- OUCH! holy tarnation... i am so sore. we boxed maybe 10 minutes- or maybe it just felt like 10 minutes, but when jeff finally knocked me out i was sweating like a banshee and so out of breath my lungs hurt (yes, i realize i am very out of shape). i had to lay down for a minute when all the sudden my dinner came back up to say hello. i haven't upchucked from exercising since i was in jr high and ran track (a very short lived faze). i can't even lift my poor, feeble, relief society flab arms above my head today. it even hurts to sit here and type. so, as soon as i can move again i am heading back up to my moms house to box whom ever would like to challenge me. maybe i can loose a few lbs from my new found love of boxing... or maybe i can continue to eat an entire pan of german chocolate cake single handedly and not gain 20lbs... oh, that is my life long dream!!!!
marci- maybe we can head to my moms next friday when we drop the kids off at preschool and have a match... are you up for it?

10 comments:

Anderson Family said...

I love the Wii! Have you tried the workout program on Dance Dance Revolution?! Thats a pretty good one too! I don't think I can count how many times boxing Kaden has made me sore. How sad is that! I would love to challenge you to a boxing match whenever your ready! Bring it on girl!!!

Marci said...

well i'm not sure...you have me a little scared! i want dance, dance revolution...i suck but it's fun. maybe could we go on wednesday? i would love to play but you have to go easy on me...i'm an old lady you know? ha!

Justin and Lori said...

I love playing wii! We don't have one but many of our friends do. I love tennis on the wii! If we ever bought a Wii it would be for me. I've tried to sale Justin on the exercise factor of a Wii.etc...

Marianne said...

Haley, i'm not one to trash talk, but I'm pretty sure I could cream ya:) I love to wii Box!

Walker paradise said...

wii love to wii, box or any other game for that matter, ty has a small addiction to it! Our favorite right now is still Surf's Up, it's not as hard on the bod

V and Co. said...

hahaha!!!! yeah i put on the ipod the other day and danced around while i worked and got sore! um hello? i used to run 10 miles every other day!!!!

Rachel Holloway said...

My hubby boxes almost every night--on the wii. :) He says it is a total workout and has invited me to play several times. I say, TOTAL WORKOUT?? Who needs that?? jk!!

Gott try it though...

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

Sounds so fun. I haven't tried the boxing. I will have to try it.
Mike has wanted to get one. Maybe we will have to.

Callie said...

I Love the wii! however My Love for it doesn't lie in boxing. Though it is quite a workout. I have been playing Tiger Woods golf and my arm is a sore from swinging, but I am getting better. also for a brain workout you should look into brainage academy. it makes you think pretty quick. but it's fun.

Leslie said...

i am not going to lie to you... i wish i was on the receiving end of learning from my blog instead of being the one to share the hurt and pain... but i am always grateful when someone takes the time to write a comment. it does feel great to know that someone has taken anything good away from reading it.
thank you so much for sharing your thoughts.
you have a beautiful family.
-leslie *