Thursday, April 3, 2008

my new best friend...

yesterday was my birthday for those of you who didn't know. i was in a funk all day. and then i decided, "its my birthday- i'm going to do whatever i want and not feel guilty about my house being a disaster and orders come out my wazzoooo" so i curled up on my couch- while my kids napped- and read the twilight series (at least part of it)- oh, how i love those books. last night my mom picked up the kids for the evening. jeff and i went to an's wedding dinner (free dinner on your bday is always good) and then shopping. this is when i met my new best friend- sorry guys, you've all been replaced. i have always been an admirer of hers- watching for her where ever i go- hoping one day she'll want to come home with me and live forever in my kitchen. and yesterday was that day! she spent the night on the kitchen table (it was too late when we got home to give her her own counter space) and first thing this morning i pulled her out of the box and tried out our new found friendship. she made the most yummy bread and tomorrow we have plans for really fattening cookies of some sort. i only have one problem with her... she doesn't have a name. she needs a name! if she is going to be such a big part of my life she definitely needs a name. something spicy and sweet all in one. any suggestions?

14 comments:

Marci said...

Lola

Marci said...

or Roxanne

Natilie said...

Oh you are going to fall in love. I love mine.

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

Happy belated Birthday. I love your present. I have never had one.
I started reading the the twilight series too. I am loving it.

Mel said...

Why not call her Betty, Crocker or Martha. If she is going to help you become gourmet, why not have a gourmet name?

Mel said...

Why not call her Betty, Crocker or Martha. If she is going to help you become gourmet, why not have a gourmet name?

Justin and Lori said...

How fun! I've wanted one- I really don't know why. I guess I think it will make me want to cook more. I am glad you got one, now when we're down we'll get lots of yummy food. We hope you had a great day!

don and jacki said...

I agree with Mel. What's this Lola or Roxanne crap?

Annalisa said...

I'm so excited for you, John bought me one for my b-day six years ago when we were dating and that was when I KNEW I would marry him.
Cheesy as it sounds...Once you have a Kitchen Aid you've crossed a line and cooking will never be the same again. Happy Late Birthday!

haley said...

well, sorry mel and jack- i am going with lola! betty, martha, crocker... they sound too patient- and that is so not me. lola sounds more... creative. and besides, kamryn's vote was for lola (hannah montana's side kick). so, she has a name- LOLA!

V and Co. said...

she looks like a bethany to me!

Mindy said...

Haley, I love both of your blogs, and am really looking forward to getting to know you better on apron girls! Love, Mindy

Bonny said...

Congrats! I absolutely love mine! That's funny that Mel suggested Betty because that is exactly what I named my red one - in honor of the wonderful Ms. Crocker! And she is totally a Betty!!
I like the Martha idea too.
Happy baking to you!!

Marci said...

well miss jacki...martha and betty are boring and predictable and lola and roxanne are not...so there!