Tuesday, April 1, 2008

i quit!!!

the day has finally arrived. i quit my job (the one that i receive a paycheck from twice a month). after years of saying 'one day soon- i'm going to quit' i actually did it. i walked into my boss's office and gave my notice last friday. he asked if i could stay through all of april, so my last day will be april 30! yeah!!!! i will not miss the late nights, running on 4-5 hrs of sleep each day, or the commute! although, it is a bit nerve racking- not being certain on what orders are coming into hayleaves, but it seem to be pretty steady over the last 2-3 months (i'm hoping that will continue). so, anyone willing to pass my name on i am forever indebted to you!!!
family, friends and complete strangers... please add my link (www.hayleavesboutique.blogspot.com) to your side bars, email the link to your friends and think of me anytime you have random (and not so random) sewing needs. i love special requests. i love to figure out new patterns and create a few of my own. please, pass my info along. i appreciate it!!!

7 comments:

Marci said...

That is so awesome!! I'm excited for you...now the fun begins...

Annalisa said...

How scary, John quit his second job a few weeks ago and it's tough having only one income. I can imagine how thrilled you are not to go into work anymore and I'm sure you'll stay plenty busy with your business...you make such cute stuff!

don and jacki said...

I have plenty I could give you to do if you get bored! Put your link on my Blog, will you? Love ya!

Natilie said...

Very bold! It will be so nice for you to not have to worry about the sleep.. plus you will have more time to sew!

Natilie said...

Happy Birthday Haley!

Bonny said...

WOW! Doesn't it feel so good to know there is an end in site! I'm sure your business will keep you very busy - you are so talented. I added your site to my blog list!
And BTW - happy birthday! Hope you are having a good day.

Justin and Lori said...

Happy Birthday!