the kids had their first experience with death... kamryn and hunter gave jeff a gold fish for his birthday. the poor fish didn't last a week. i thought for sure kamryn was going to have a break down and need a little explanation about death when when i noticed 'link' floating belly up. but kamryn sat hunter down and explained to him what was happening and why were flushing 'link' down the toilet. thank you primary teachers and nemo for making this little experience not as traumatic as it could have been. it's kind of a funny thing listening to a 5 year old explain to a 2 year old what death is. i wish i'd had a tape recorder at that moment. thank goodness it was only a fish.

good bye 'link'- happy swimming!




4 comments:
Good Bye to Link. I am sure he will be missed. We have a goldfish that has lasted about 5 months. We love our Daisy and hope she lives a long life. :)
sad, i have deprived my children of any pets to this day, unless you count the months that we raised brandon's dog but it still wasn't ours
Sorry to hear about Link! I've never had luck with goldfish. We have a beta fish (I think that is what it is called) they are hard to kill.
My boys' goldfish are swimming their death swim right now. I wish they'd just go belly up already so we could flush them. My boys are like, "No! They're not dead! I saw him move once today!"
Post a Comment