Thursday, March 6, 2008

Procrastinator!!!!

Thankful Thursday...
Can you believe that its Thursday already? Well this week I am thankful for wonderful women in my ward who pick up the slack, get their hands dirty and are willing and able to help where ever they are needed!!!! I am part of such an awesome RS enrichment committee... There is nothing they can't do!
I am such a procrastinator! I've known about our Relief Society service auction/birthday party for 2 months now. But I spent most of my day yesterday finishing this quilt (I didn't even start it until Monday). It was just a small baby blanket, but not only am I a procrastinator, but I am also a perfectionist. And I've learned over the past few months by working at the quilt shop that you should never ever do the finish binding with a machine. It never turns out like you wanted. So I toted this little project around with me everywhere yesterday trying to finish it. I even stood in line at Smiths with my blanket, needle and thread. People thought I was NUTS! But... I finally got it done about 30 minutes before starting time.

We had an awesome turn out! Tons of women who have never been to our ward, let alone enrichment showed up. If you think your ward is uptight or boring, I suggest you have a service auction. These are my kind of people. The 85 yr old women could out smart-ass even ME!!! There were so many things to choose from: loaves of bread, jewelery, babysitting, yard work, and Harley Davidson rides (You should have seen the older ladies fighting for this one!) I was in charge of decorations and set up. This is what it turned out looking like...


You can 't really see them, but every table also had the spring colored M&M (Plain and Peanut) spread over the tulle.

My sweet and wonderful In-laws took the kids to McDonalds and watched them while I was at RS (Jeff had gone to the Jazz game with some of the guys from work). They were both so tired by the time I got them in the car to go home. Lets just say there was some serious log sawing before we got a block from grandma and pa's house.
Don't they look so innocent... Don't let them fool you!!!

2 comments:

Natilie said...

Love the quilt. Tell me more about this binding? Also what a fun enrichment committee. Ours is a titch dull.

Charisse said...

Once again you have out done yourself with the quilting. I really do want to take sewing lessons so let me know if you decide to teach.