I was reading my cousins blog and loved the idea of "Thankful Thursdays". There are so many things to be thankful for today. Here are just a few...
I'm thankful:
1 ... that my kids are self entertaining!
When I get home from work at 3am and my kiddos wake up at 7:30am its nice that they can play with their toys and eachother until I decide to raise from the dead.
2 ... for a hubby that's nice enough to do laundry and bathe kids at 3 in the morning when someones had an accident- and continues to clean up the mess, even though "Mom" just got home.
3 ... for NAP TIME!
I find myself wishing the first half of the day away and wanting time to stop once afternoon hits. I don't know why nap time is such a great time. It sounds like a nice relaxing thing, but in reality the kids get the down time and us mommies kick it into high gear to get everything done (clean, cook, laundry, sew, dust, vacuum, and blog). When "nap time" is over... is anyone else as tired as I am? It just goes to show you that everything in our life revolves around our children- even those precious moments when we get "time to ourselves" (HA!).
4 ... for pretend!
4 ... for pretend!
Being home with the kids all day we spend a lot of time pretending. I can be 20 different people in 20 different places doing 20 different things all in one day (and our hubbies wonder why us house wives are so tired when they get home!). I can be a princess, a doctor, the ugly step-mom/sister, a chef, or what ever I desire (or better yet-whatever my kids can think up). Motherhood is definately not boring!
Hunter playing with the dress-ups Santa brought him
Kendyl, Kamryn, and Hunter having a Tea-Party
and last but definately not least...
5 I'm thankful for Grandpas! Or in our house we call them Papas and Papis. My kids adore their papa(i)s! They are so much fun, they love to tease and be teased, and they love to pretend with the best of us. How could you not love these goof-balls?
Papa Murray just being one of the "girls"
Papa Don being a Ding-Dong (just the usual stuff)




1 comment:
Love the "thankful thursday", remember thursday, 'bite day'? : ) we were dorks.. cute pics of your kids! Your dad has not changed at all! I love nap time too-- I usually veg-- ahhh...
Post a Comment